Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm thinking...

About joining the navy after a year of college. I've been talking to the recruiters via email and although the Navy does have strict rules and standards I think I could live with it for four years. The benefits in my opinion are outweighing the downsides.
The Benefits
Free Housing/food
Free Insurance
Free Medical/Dental
Monthly Salary
Paid Traveling
All classes taken while in the military are free
Money for college through the G.I. Bill after I get out of the military
Military Service looks good on a resume with an honorable discharge.
Job security
Paid job training

The downsides
A strict dress code
Strict Rules about curfews and such
Being away from friends and family for extended periods of time (well I would already be away from my family for an extended period of time since they'll still be living in a different country when I'm in college)
The militarys not like a regular job where I could just quit I have to stay in for a minimum of four years depending on what kind of service agreement I get.

However there are upsides and downsides to everything and well see what happens after a year of college.

2 comments:

Ritsuka said...

please please please don't join the military.

David said...

why not?