Friday, November 18, 2011

Got a new job!

Well I got a new job in Salt Lake at a call center taking inbound calls for international travel reservations. It pays 70 cents more an hour than what Im currently getting plus it offers commission opportunities for upselling hotel packages, for example someone calls wanting to book a room and I suggest they include a breakfast package with that hotel room, I get a commission if they decide to go with that. So I put my two weeks notice in at my current job yesterday which kind of surprised our HR lady but she took it nicely because I was very nice about it and had written a polite letter of resignation/two weeks notice. I'm going to miss my friends from my current job but I'm looking forward to new opportunities working in a field I have personal experience in having lived overseas in the Middle East. I visited Bahrain quite often so I have my personal preferences about what to do in that Island Kingdom and its soo much fun there. One of these days I wouldnt mind leading a guided tour there and in Europe. My next international travel experience outside of North America is hopefully going to be Ireland in about two years depending on if I can save up the money or if I can do a study abroad program with school. I really want to see The Emerald Isles or the Motherland as I call it as my Moms family came from Ireland in the early 1900s and shes full Irish and my Dads part Irish so I am over half Irish and its kind of obvious at times with my skin tone and hair tint. I've actually met some people from Ireland and it turns out I am more Irish then them because their families have been marrying people from all over Europe for years as opposed to my Moms family who when they came over to the States from Ireland settled in the New York City area and it seems like they mostly stayed in the Irish areas.

So I am looking forward to how my life will be in the next few months.

Currently listening to: Alexander Rybak- Roll with The Wind

No comments: