Thursday, February 11, 2010

College Sports Teams

I think this system is messed up. In fact I know this system is messed up. Why? Because Jocks who play sports but break school rules are rewarded instead of punished.

For example Steroid use is against my schools rules and I am pretty sure it is against the law. Yet most members of the Sports teams at my school use steroids often. Now there are the medical steroids for certain uses such as asthma. For example one of my sisters and brothers have been on a steroid before that keeps their lungs open. They are both asthmatics so this was necessary when they were having asthma attacks. However the Steroids the Sports Teams at my college are using are not for purposes such as Asthma.

Then there's drug use. I walk down the hall and you can smell the smell of Pot being smoked. Then there are the days when you walk up the stairs and there is a very strong smell of Axe Spray Deodorant. You know that someones been smoking a lot up there. At the beginning of the year the football team was talking about the fact that most of them had failed their drug tests and they had been out partying. Why havent they been kicked out for drug use? I am fairly sure the coaches of the teams know about the drug use yet they do nothing about it?

Then theres the academic side. I walk down the halls of the dorm I live in and you hear people bragging on how they cheated on a test or how they stole the answers to a test. Then theres the ones who simply party all the time and dont go to class or do their work. Why havent they been dropped from their classes and kicked out of the dorms? Most teachers policies are that if you miss six or more classes unless you have a valid excuse you get dropped from their class. I have no problem with the people who play sports to get a scholarship so they can go to college and make something out of themselves but the people who come here and simply just party and dont do anything and expect everything handed to them on a silver platter? Thats not right.

No comments: